2 months 2 weeks ago
⚠️ Things are a changing!! ⚠️
The Trade Hire Busselton Motorfest is going Bi -annual.
After 11 fabulous Motorfest events the Trade Hire Busselton Motorfest committee thought it was time to lighten the load on the girls and guys that sponsor, organise and volunteer each year.
While there will be NO NOVEMBER MOTOR SHOW this year, we will still be on the scene and raising funds and hoping to attend and support local events. Keep an eye on Facebook
So ...if you have been stressing that that special project wasn't going to be ready by November, relax... but don't take the foot right off the gas.... you now have until November 2019.
Thank you to all those who have so diligently supported the Busselton Motorfest, it is you that makes it all happen. Funds raised by event have assisted many worthy causes and individuals.
....The 2018 event has so far....
• provided kitchen facilities for a young woman with disabilities during the renovation of her kitchen to allow her to live independently for the first time
• a single mum with Multiple Sclerosis can now access Southern Wheels, and the Busselton Taxi Service's wheelchair friendly transport to travel independently as she requires for a year.
• a gift of $1000 to help very young lady when she tragically lost her mother just before Christmas
• a PA sound system for the Busselton Fire & Rescue volunteers to use during their active displays.
• continued support of the SW Disabled Surfing in the purchase of new boards and funding for the summer events
• money set aside for the upkeep (new batteries and pads) of 4 Defibrillation Units previously purchased by the BMF and positioned around the Busselton region.
• gift to aid the purchase of a specially adapted motor vehicle that will allow a very determined young local man to once again drive despite being wheelchair bound and having limited use of his arms and hands.
The Committee still has its ear to the ground seeking out other locals that the Motorfest Event can assist.
Thank you again and can't wait to see you again all in November 2019
Disabled Surfing Event today. Ant and the crew do a truly awesome job at putting a smile on these guys faces. If you ever need a refocus on your life, then volunteer to help out. It is crazy good fun. So great that Busselton Motorfest money helps these guys out. Thanks
Thanks to Southwest Tyre Service for sponsoring the Best Club Display.
Thanks to Southern Restoration and Custom for sponsoring the Best Custom Trophy. The winner was not the 56 FJ but the Purple LJ Torana that is in its Boot !!. If this is yours please post a photo as we missed getting one. Thanks
Thanks to Pit Stop Kitchen for sponsoring the Kids Choice Trophy. The Lambo behind the Porsche actually won it but we didn't get a photo!
Thanks to Stephen Dawson for sponsoring the Best Panel and Paint Trophy
Thanks to Rod's Auto Electrics for sponsoring the Best Competition Trophy.
Thanks to Down South Graphic Design for sponsoring the "That'a a nice car" Trophy and also for the awesome job on the Posters and Facebook banners.
Thanks to VMS Contractors for sponsoring the Best Japanese Trophy and also the Character Award that was won by the 1936 Ford Coupe (1GEX....) We missed a photo so if this is you please post one for us! Cheers